When using the elderly 32 gb, I revealed that I barely used its greater storage capacity. (I don't haul around plenty of music or videos - I transfer what I require to listen to/watch for each road trip or listening/viewing cycle using iTunes). Apps, I discovered, don't take up much space, even games & books don't take up much space, unless you require to haul substantially more of your whole collection with you. Amazon's Kindle app is esp. tool friendly, since you can archive books you have completed back to Amazon in lieu of keeping them on the tool. iTunes is a great way to manage what content you require to store on your home computer - which becomes a kind of huge "docking device" - & what you require top take "to go."
Yep, based on my experience with a 3rd gen 32 gb, & on my recent local purchase of the 4th gen (this current model) in 8 gb capacity.
As a netbook substitute, storage is not even that important. I can check my bank balance, transfer money & execute orders on a brokerage account, listen to radio on Pandora or Slacker, watch music videos (& far more ) on YouTube, Skype, stream Netflix, & do a whole lot of other stuff on the 8 gb fine.
In fact in hindsight the only actual reason for me getting the 32 gb version in the older edition was to get the faster processor. But in the current generation, ALL THE 4th GENERATION HARDWARE IS THE SAME, except only for memory.
Do keep in mind on the 8gb edition you give up about a gig to systems operations, leaving only 7 gb or so for your stuff. & you require to leave from for apps & their space. I probably would not put over 6 gb of music & videos on the 8gb version. The other editions also give up the same space, but proportionately it is a smaller "hit" to your storage.
The 8gb makes a pleasant intersection on my personal "cheapness" & "minimalist" curves. The cost doesn't get in to nose-bleed territory where I start to wonder if a netbook would makes more sense, & it is cheap to subject to the toils of every day wear & tear - keeping it handy in an outside day pack pocket, in lieu of more safely stowed deep inside the pack.
Related Product :
Yep, based on my experience with a 3rd gen 32 gb, & on my recent local purchase of the 4th gen (this current model) in 8 gb capacity.
As a netbook substitute, storage is not even that important. I can check my bank balance, transfer money & execute orders on a brokerage account, listen to radio on Pandora or Slacker, watch music videos (& far more ) on YouTube, Skype, stream Netflix, & do a whole lot of other stuff on the 8 gb fine.
In fact in hindsight the only actual reason for me getting the 32 gb version in the older edition was to get the faster processor. But in the current generation, ALL THE 4th GENERATION HARDWARE IS THE SAME, except only for memory.
Do keep in mind on the 8gb edition you give up about a gig to systems operations, leaving only 7 gb or so for your stuff. & you require to leave from for apps & their space. I probably would not put over 6 gb of music & videos on the 8gb version. The other editions also give up the same space, but proportionately it is a smaller "hit" to your storage.
The 8gb makes a pleasant intersection on my personal "cheapness" & "minimalist" curves. The cost doesn't get in to nose-bleed territory where I start to wonder if a netbook would makes more sense, & it is cheap to subject to the toils of every day wear & tear - keeping it handy in an outside day pack pocket, in lieu of more safely stowed deep inside the pack.
Related Product :
No comments:
Post a Comment